Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
Iron Aprons Women’s Ministry Statement of Faith
- There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the true God and the true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at the right hand of Majesty on high as our great High Priest. He will come again to establish His kingdom, righteousness and peace.
- The Holy Spirit is a divine person, sent to indwell, guide, teach, empower the believer, and convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment.
- The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
- Man was created in the image and likeness of God, however, he fell through disobedience, thereby incurring both physical and spiritual death for himself and future generations causing all men to be born with a sinful nature and separated from the life of God. Man can be reconciled back to God only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God. It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly, being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service. This can be both immediate and progressive experiences in the life of a believer.
- Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for physical healings. Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the Church in this present age.
- The Church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. A ‘local church’ is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel, and observance of the ordinances including baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- Christ is the Head of the Body (the Church) which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations.
- The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal, visible, and premillennial.
- There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust. For the just, this resurrection will be to enter eternal life…this is the believer’s blessed hope and is a vital truth which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service. For the unjust, the resurrection will be for judgment and eternal condemnation.